Iranwire – Concerns are rising as access to the family of the slain child, Kian Pirfalak, has become impossible amid mounting pressures from security forces, and sporadic reports of house arrests, IranWire reveals.
The latest situation began on June 11, what would have been the tenth birthday of Kian, a young child who lost his life on November 16 of last year, during nationwide protests.
Sources close to Kian’s family told IranWire that Islamic Republic security forces have encircled the residence of Kian’s parents since Sunday, accompanied by the reported seizure of all household items.
Adding to the uncertainty, Kian’s uncle took to Twitter, suggesting that they were being harassed and pressured by the security forces.
But he refuted reports of house arrests and other reports concerning the family.
“The rumors are false: no family members have faced movement restrictions. We appeal to our fellow compatriots to refrain from accepting and spreading baseless rumors,” Kian’s uncle said on June 16.
Islamic Republic media outlets also launched a scathing attack on Kian’s mother, Mahmonir Molaei, branding her as “seditious.”
The absence of Kian’s mother at her son’s birthday gathering, the mystery surrounding her current whereabouts, and the latest revelation of restricted access to the family have only deepened concerns regarding the treatment of this grief-stricken family.
In the months following her son’s death, Mahmonir Molaei has vehemently criticized the Islamic Republic and demanded justice for her son’s killers.