Wednesday , 24 July 2024

Iran Arrests Dozens Over Deadly Attacks

Iranwire – Iranian judicial authorities have arrested dozens of individuals allegedly involved in attacks in Sistan and Baluchistan and Kerman provinces.

Ali Movahedi Rad, Chief Justice of Sistan and Baluchistan, said that 48 people had been apprehended in connection with the April attacks by the Jaish al-Adl militant group on military forces’ headquarters in the cities of Rask, Chabahar, and Sarbaz.

At least 11 members of the security forces were killed in those assaults, according to official reports.

Movahedi Rad said more details about the arrests would be released soon. 

Meanwhile, in neighboring Kerman province, prosecutor Mehdi Bakshi commented on the latest developments regarding the January bombing that targeted a commemoration ceremony for slain IRGC commander Qassem Soleimani in the city of Kerman. 

That twin suicide attack left hundreds dead and wounded.

Bakshi said that out of 48 accused in the Kerman bombing case, 11 individuals remain in custody currently, comprising both Iranian and foreign nationals. 

The Kerman prosecutor said that one of the accused was arrested in another province recently. 

He added that the investigation is nearing completion, facilitated by the cooperation of another unnamed country whose attorney general met Iranian counterparts to assist in the probe.

0