Friday , 18 September 2020

Iran Top General Rejects Calls For Negotiations Over Missiles

Radiofarda – The Islamic Republic Minister of Defense, Army Brigadier-General Amir Hatami, rejected on Wednesday, September 25, calls for negotiations over Iran’s missile program as a condition for ending Washington sanctions imposed on Tehran.

He warned that “the enemies” are after restricting the resistance of “the Iranian nation” through limiting Iran’s missile capabilities and emphasized there is consensus among the leadership on this issue.

“A bargain with the arrogant system (U.S.) over Iran’s missile power would be tantamount to removing the ceiling and walls of a house,” local media outlets cited Hatami as saying.

Earlier on Monday, the leaders of France, Germany and the United Kingdom had blamed the Islamic Republic for an attack on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia this month.

“We condemn in the strongest terms the attacks on oil facilities in Saudi territory on September 14, 2019, in Abqaiq and Khurais, and we reaffirm in this context our full solidarity with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its population,” French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson said in a joint statement after meeting on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.

“It is clear to us that Iran bears responsibility for this attack,” the leaders said. “There is no other plausible explanation. We support ongoing investigations to establish further details,” the leaders said, calling Tehran to a long-term negotiation over Iran’s nuclear and missile program, as well as the security in the region.

The Islamic Republic Foreign Ministry dismissed the joint statement as “parroting the U.S. claims and demands”, insisting that Iran would never accept a new round of negotiations.

0